Wed, Mar 31|
"Holocaust education with 20th century family stories" webinar for Israeli educators 2021
Join us on for the very first Centropa webinar for Israeli educators. During the webinar educators will come together to gain new resources and tools, discuss common challenges and ideas about Jewish education, and form partnerships for the future.
Time & Location
Mar 31, 2021, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
About the Event
We are pleased to announce the first Centropa webinar, “Holocaust education with 20th century family stories” for Israeli teachers. The program will take place on March 31, 2021 at 3-6pm Israeli Time on Zoom, in English language. All educators are welcome to participate from primary, secondary and high school.
During the webinar educators will come together to gain new resources and tools, discuss common challenges and ideas about Jewish education, and form partnerships for the future. We welcome both our “veteran teachers”, and those who are new to our network.
- Learn about Centropa interviews, photographs and short films, and new ways to teach 20th century Jewish history through personal stories;
- Familiarize yourself with Centropa materials in Hebrew language;
- Learn about ready-made resource packs we created in cooperation with the National Library of Israel (NLI);
- Meet like-minded educators to discuss tools and resources together;
- Become a member of a unique community of Jewish educators and learn about great opportunities for you and yours students.
Participation on the webinar is free of charge.
Register until Monday, March 29 on the following link: https://survs.com/survey/cu8he6734t
Who are we?
Centropa, a historical institute based in Vienna, interviewed 1,200 elderly Jews living in 15 European countries. We didn’t use video or focus on the Holocaust, but asked our respondents to tell us their entire life stories spanning the 20th century as they showed us their old family photographs. https://www.centropa.org/
Centropa Jewish Network (CJN) is a platform for teachers in European, Israeli, and US Jewish schools to network, share ideas, and create projects together. We do this by organizing seminars, student competitions, and international projects for Jewish schools.
Questions? Contact Tina Hemera, CJN & Israel coordinator at hemera(at)centropa.org
We look forward to meeting you soon!
The Centropa team